WEEK 4

Part 1: Set Your Educational Goals

My educational goal is mainly to complete the CS program with a passing grade. I am considering earning my Master’s in computer science. 


Part 2: Set Your Career Goals

My career goal is to become a backend developer, although full-stack developers are more in demand. I simply believe in the old saying, “jack of all trades, master of none.” I believe I’d be more successful if I focused solely on one aspect of software engineering. However, I must admit that I’m coming from a place of ignorance. Becoming a full-stack developer might not be as challenging as I initially thought.

Part 3: ETS Computer Science test prediction

If I were to take the test right now, considering that I recognize most of the concepts but need a refresher, I believe I could score around 75%. However, when the time comes to take the test, I will be well-prepared and predict that I will score around 90%. 


Part 4: Other work of the week 

CST 349

For one assignment we discussed the future of AI, AI in the workspace and its ethical implications. 

We read an article that provides 7 useful goals to have if we want success. These included self assessment: we should evaluate our current state and create goals and steps to achieve these goals, networking: we should network as it is the most effective way to get a new job, track accomplishments: create a portfolio of valuable work you have done for future employers and raises, know your worth: be aware of what your current job pays at different companies, update your skills: we should learn new valuable skills in our job field, negotiate: discuss your performance and goals with your boss and learn to negotiate, and allow downtime: avoid burn out by spending some time to enjoy life. 

We also had an assignment that involved visiting our classmates’ learning journal and leaving comments.

CST 300

This week we went over how to write an argumentative essay and read about biased argumentation. We crafted our outline and sample reference page for the upcoming essay. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog